From new FASB standards to cybersecurity concerns, nonprofit accounting and financial standards have changed and there’s no going back. It’s time to review your Best Practice Areas.
Best Practice Subject Matter
- Business Process & Reporting Systems
- Cash & Investment Management
- Core Programs Support
- Financial Policies & Procedures
- Internal & External Audit
- Regulatory Compliance
- Roles & Responsibilities
The CapinCrouse Lease Toolkit
The new accounting standard for leases, ASC 842, brings significant changes, including new definitions, classifications, and disclosures. The free CapinCrouse Lease Toolkit is designed to help your organization understand and implement ASC 842 efficiently and effectively:
Don’t Become a Statistic: Four Tips for Preventing Fraud at Your Organization
There are many ways that fraud can be committed at a nonprofit organization. The one thing all types of fraud have in common, however, is that they involve a violation of trust. And nowhere is the damage from that violation more acute than in not-for-profit organizations, which by their very nature and purpose are part of the public trust.
Implementing the New Gifts-in-Kind Presentation and Disclosure Standards
There are new presentation and disclosure standards for contributed nonfinancial assets, also known as gifts-in-kind, for nonprofits to be aware of and planning for.
Additional Resources Related to Best Practices in Accounting and Financial Standards
Explore articles, blog posts, e-books and recorded webcasts on a wide range of nonprofit accounting and financial standards topics from CapinCrouse.
CapinCrouse serves more than 1,500 nonprofit organizations with professional solutions that empower by providing support in key areas of financial integrity. Our services include:
- Assurance – Audit and other assurance services that validate your financial reporting, systems, and internal controls, as well as employee benefit plan audits and governmental audits
- Tax – Nonprofit tax advisory and compliance services provided by knowledgeable professionals to help you assess risk, develop a strategic response, and implement advantageous solutions and safeguards
- Consulting – A full range of services tailored to meet the unique needs of nonprofit organizations in financial, operational, strategy, and governance areas
- Cybersecurity – Services to help you assess and reduce your organization’s risk of a cyber attack. Provided by CapinTech, a CapinCrouse company.
For more information, please contact [email protected].